What is GeHCo?
The Global eHealth Collaborative (GeHCo) is a not-for-profit organisation committed to upskilling the current workforce and train the next generation of e-health designers, builders, implementers, maintainers and users needed to solve the unique challenges associated with digital clinical knowledge acquisition, application, sharing and use.
GeHCo was established to work with health informatics and harness worldwide expertise to work in areas such as:
- system architecture
- educational resources
- health informatics standards development
- testing and evaluation
- associated implementation approaches
GeHCo is passionate about the need for solving eHealth and Health Informatics implementation issues including education.
We see this as an essential building block underpinning the necessary reform in the health industry, enabling the population as a whole to have equitable access to safe and effective healthcare within a sustainable health system.
The following Strategic Goals serve as a guide for all activities undertaken on behalf of this Trust.
- Collaborate with those who share this vision.
- Actively collaborate with local, national and global professional networks.
- Actively participate in the development of health informatics standards and associated implementation approaches.
- Actively collaborate with all relevant stakeholders to further develop health informatics competencies reflecting new health informatics roles and associated learning strategies.
- Provide health workforce and consumer education to enable accurate and fit for use health data that is recorded, exchanged and used in clinical knowledge systems.
- Develop tools and educational resources to support eHealth and make these available to the wider community.
- Provide eHealth scholarships, opportunities for work experience, mentoring, and support of connected networks for the employment of health informaticians.
- Collaborate to publish relevant eHealth research and white papers.
|Trustee Company Name||Open eHealth Foundation Pty Ltd|
|Australian Company Number (ACN)||604 485 216|
|Trust Name||The Open eHealth Collaborative Trust|
|Trading Name||Global eHealth Collaborative (GeHCo)|
|Australian Business Number (ABN)||65 328 875 750|
|Telephone:||+61 3 9653 9210|
|Postal Address||503/166 Wellington Parade
East Melbourne Vic 3002
|Telephone:||+61 (0)408 309 839|
|Insurance:||Public Liability insurance - $20M ;
Professional Indemnity Insurance - $2M.
 AIHW 2014. Australia's health 2014. Australia's health series no. 14. Cat. no. AUS 178. Canberra: AIHW